This post is also available in: English
The Federal Board of Revenue has issued rules for supply of taxable goods from tax exempt area i.e. Azad Jammu and Kashmir, Gilgit-Baltistan and Tribal Areas.
Salient features of these rules are as follows
- The person bringing the goods from exempt area are required to be registered under the Sales Tax Act, if already not registered.
- The liability of payment of taxes and furnishing of prescribed documents shall be on the person bringing the taxable goods to tariff area.
- The person bringing the goods in the course of furtherance of taxable activity shall generate e-transport advice on FBR portal prior to entry of goods in taxable area.
- Active taxpayers under the sales tax who has filed sales tax returns for last two immediately preceding tax periods by due date is allowed to generate etransport advice
- E-transport advice is valid for one day for distance within 100 km and additional one day for every 100 km. It may extended with the approval of commissioner.
- The adjudicating authority have power to confiscate goods, after passing order, if these goods are brought in violation of the rules.